Monday 20 October 2014

Dear Isandro...

Dear Isandro,

I meant to write you a letter on your 2nd birthday, and here u are, over the 2 1/2 year mark!  Shame on me, but better late than never?


Where do I begin?  I just love spending my days with you.  Not a day goes by that you don't make me laugh.  Your silly dances, that smile, and those dimples!!!  Your belly laugh, hugs, and kisses, I can't get enough.  What are you up to these days?  Well, you love to get on your step stool and help mama in the kitchen.  You are slightly obsessed with tractors, cars, and trucks, but more than anything you love Monster Trucks!  Although your 3rd birthday is still about five months away, you love to tell me, "Sanjo truck bir-day!"  Okay sweet boy, when it's your birthday, we'll have a truck birthday.  One of your favorite things to say is, "Okay mommy, I will mommy I promise!"  You must have a hug and kiss before anyone leaves.  You love playing with trains on the floor, and say to me, "Sit down the trains, mommy?"  If I don't come right away, you say, "Two mimutes, mommy?"  You remind me to take a step back, to sit down, and just be.  Just sit down and play with trains with my boy.  You have recently started belting out "Let it goooo, let it goooo!" from the movie Frozen, from your crib in the morning to let us know you are ready to get up!  Little charmer, you are.


You're getting really good at counting, sometimes skipping a number or two.  You've gotten really good at riding your Strider bike, with a little inspiration from your buddy Milo.  You love when mama parks down the street from Lina's school so that you can ride your bike.  One of your favorite things is to press the cross walk button and say, "Watch out the cars!"  I love hearing the enthusiasm in your voice after you've done something and you say, "Yayyyy, I did it!"



You know how to make us smile, how to make us laugh.  You are such a busy boy and love to play, but at the end of the day, when it's time for bed, you are all love and cuddles.  You love to pick out your bedtime story and sit in my lap or Dada's lap.  With mama, you have to be held while I sing Rock a Bye Baby - twice to be exact, before I put you down with your blanket, your puppy, your Mickey Mouse, and of course, a truck!  If you're feeling extra playful, you talk to yourself in your crib, then when I check on you later, all I see is a boy who took his pants off and threw them out of the crib along with everything else!


From sun up to sun down, you bring us all so much joy.  I love you with all my heart, and you will always be my baby boy.  Love, mama...


No comments:

Post a Comment