Wednesday 13 August 2014

Wexford, Day 3

Our last day in Wexford, we spent way too much time trying to find Tintern Abbey, with Google Maps taking us through routes that clearly weren't meant for minivans!  I just imagined us getting stuck in mud and having to wait for a tow truck, but luckily that didn't happen!  Finally, the third time was the charm and we found the place.


















The Dolls House... I've been wanting to see this place since I looked up things to do in Wexford on Pinterest (gotta love that Pinterest!), but man was I disappointed to see the state it was in.  You can't tell from the pictures (I did that on purpose), but there was trash (or "rubbish" as they call it in Ireland) everywhere on the ground, weeds growing everywhere too.  On the bright side though, it looks as though they are trying to fix it up, as there is evidence of fresh paint, and paint cans littering the ground.  Kind of a creepy place, but super cool, and I hope it gets fixed up before we leave Ireland, but who knows.  If it were me, I'd open it up as a cute little cafe/tea shop.  I'm not sure the history of this little house, but I'll be googling that later.  ;)


Definitely has been painted recently.



No comments:

Post a Comment