Wednesday 11 May 2016

Mother's Day

With Manuel on a business trip to Oregon, I wasn't expecting much out of the ordinary for mother's day.  Benicio slept in until 7:40 (rarely happens!) and when I went downstairs, Lina presented me with some homemade crafts she had made that morning before I woke up!  She had googled, "mother's day activities" for ideas.  I was super surprised because I wasn't expecting anything!  Other than that, we went to their favorite playground and brought our picnic blanket and some snacks.  It was still a day of cooking, cleaning, and laundry, but the day sure got off to a great start and I was reminded how lucky I am to be these kids' mom!

On our walk to the playground.

First, we stopped at our favorite pastry shop.  The older man that owns the shop has been running it for over 30 years!  


Benicio was talking about a cat that was nearby.


A little pastry picnic at the playground!


Scooter pro.





Playing on top of a "car"... Benicio was throwing his hands up in the air because the car was out of gas!  Lina was working hard to fill 'er up!


Isandro was asking me for a cape, so I took one of my old t-shirts that I never wear and made him a quick cape.  He was a happy guy that day.



Spinning too fast for me!  Goof ball!

Can't contain the giggles!


The pep in his step always brightens my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment