Sunday 5 January 2014

Lina is an author! ;)

This morning, Lina was looking through her giant coloring pages and saw a package of paper that is blank on the top and lined on the bottom.  She said, "Mom, what is this paper for?"  I told her it can be used to draw pictures at the top and writing a story at the bottom.  Right away, she said, "Let's write a story!"  So I took a few pages, folded them in half, and stapled them together.  She wanted to write a story about Sleeping Beauty.  She did most of the pictures, wanted me to draw a few, and I just wrote down what she said.  At the end, she asked why she doesn't need to write her name on the back.  I told her, like all of her books that we read, the author's name is almost always on the cover.  Then she yelled, "I'm an author!" with the cutest giggle ever.  I think that was my favorite part, hearing her be so excited that she was an author!!  For an impromptu, first-ever story, I was pretty impressed!  Maybe it's more of a "retold by" story, but I say it's definitely a keeper!  Hope you like it as much as I did.  :)

She did not want help writing the 
title "Sleeping Beauty" at the top. :)



The Queen is saying, "Oh no"
Sleeping Beauty is saying, "Yay"

She wanted me to draw Sleeping
Beauty on this page.

She said, "You draw the king and 
I'll draw the queen."

She asked me to draw Sleeping 
Beauty and the prince.  haha



Published author!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment